The Dodson & Horrell National Amateur Second Rounds held at The Cabin Equestrian Centre in Aberdeenshire saw keen competitors come forward to compete across the 0.85m and 1.05m Second Rounds.
With the Dodson & Horrell National Amateur Championships held at Aintree Equestrian Centre in Liverpool during the 14th – 19th November, approaching rapidly, competition was fierce as each competitor was after one of the qualification places on offer in each class.
Producing an astonishingly fast round, local rider Sue Hendry from Inveruire, Aberdeenshire was the stand out winner from the twelve horse jump off. Riding her 20 year-old tobiano gelding, Tomahawk, the determination of this pair was obvious as they navigated the tight turns to cross the finish line in a truly unbeatable time of 40.66 seconds.
Second place was scooped up by Estelle Bain from near Ellon, Aberdeenshire on board Chiricahua, a 7 year-old skewbald mare owned by Faye Jamieson. This pair kept their composure to deliver a double clear in 51.77 seconds.
Jumping in to third place was Lucy O‘Neill from Newmarchar, Aberdeen with Wendy O’Neill’s 8 year-old chestnut gelding, Estoril. This combination produced their double clear in 53.22 seconds.
The Cabin Equestrian Centre – Sunday 8th October 2017
Dodson & Horrell 0.85m National Amateur Second Round Results
- 1st Sue Hendry & Tomahawk – 0/0 – 40.66 seconds
- 2nd Estelle Bain & Chiricahua – 0/0 – 51.77 seconds
- 3rd Lucy O’Neill & Estoril – 0/0 – 53.22 seconds
- 4thCharlotte Mills & Fifi Latina– 0/0 – 55.18 seconds
- 5th Estelle Bain & FH Betty – 0/0 – 57.94 seconds
- 6th Megan Cowan & Tullycars Peek a Boo - 0/4 – 38.11 seconds
- 7th Jennifer O’Neill & Chellijana Z – 0/4 – 40.38 seconds
- 8th Jennifer Macgregor & Heaven – 0/4 – 44.52 seconds
NB: Qualifications will be updated pending official grading of results.