horsescotland is the national organisation for all equestrian sports and activity in Scotland.
Our shared vision is:
To enable those in our sport and sector,
by supporting their development,
to excelin what they do best…
Our Key Outcomes:
To enable an increase in the overall levels of participation in all areas of equestrianism in Scotland
To develop all involved in Scottish equestrianism to progress along their chosen pathways
To equip all involved in Scottish equestrianism on the performance pathway with the tools to excel
horsescotland is looking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic individual to oversee the organisation’s requirements on behalf of the Board. This role is key to the fundamental progression of horsescotland and you will be an integral member of the Board, assisting with the strategic direction of the organisation.
The successful individual will gain expertise of guiding and advising a dynamic Board. As a Board Director, they will help to shape the future of Scottish sport. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for sport and presents great potential for the development of new/existing skills, meeting new people and new networks and making a genuine difference to sport in Scotland.
The Board meets 6-10 times per year at various locations across central Scotland.
The post is on a voluntary basis and is non-remunerated.
- Leadership of horsescotland and the Board
- Be able to contribute to the overall strategic direction of horsescotland
- To use such personal and professional skills together with such contacts, experience and judgement as they may possess, with integrity and independence to optimise both the short and long term performance of horsescotland , and in particular, the areas of her/his own portfolio of responsibility.
- To play a full part in enabling the Board to arrive at balanced and objective decisions in the performance of its agreed role and functions.
- To ensure that the objectives of horsescotland, as agreed by the Board, are fully, promptly and properly carried out.
- Recent experience of chairing boards, committees and meetings;
- Established reputation as a leader and strategic thinker in either commercial or voluntary or public sector context;
- Significant experience of operating at a senior level in a strategic capacity;
- A sound working knowledge of sport and the public and private sectors;
- Ability in partnership working and relationship management;
- Able to build and maintain strong, transparent relationships with key stakeholders;
- Ability to support, challenge and manage a relationship with other Board
- Experience of speaking in public and to the media.
- Ability to commit time and effort to attend formal committee meetings and other ad hoc meetings
Terms and Conditions:
Those nominated for election at the AGM on Thursday 25 October 2018 will serve a term of three years with the opportunity for re-election at that point. The positions are voluntary and unpaid.
Member Endorsed Applications:
A nomination form, can be obtained from the horsescotland office at Titwood Farm or click here, Kilmaurs Ayrshire KA3 2PN, e-mail: email@example.com Please note that your endorsed nomination form should be accompanied with an up-to-date CV marked private and confidential to the either address below by Thursday 20th September 2018
Post: horsescotland Office or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy is not open to anyone who has been disqualified from holding a Directorship in a Limited Company.