We have the following positions available
Video Analysis and Photo PR Support
The purpose of this role is to contribute to the vision and mission of horsescotland’s Performance Programme through the delivery of a systematic and highly effective Performance Pathway, that identifies, nurtures and develops riders who have the ability to deliver medals at major Championships.
To be accountable for all aspects of the leadership and development of horsescotland’s Performance Programme including:
- Working with the horsescotland Board Director – Performance develop a strategy and lead on its implementation, ensuring appropriate performance data is accessible to support strategic planning, selection processes and athlete and coach feedback.
- Setting and monitoring key standards of performance that are critical to the success and long-term viability of the Performance Programme. Utilising best practice from other sports as required.
- Attendance at the Performance Programme training days to review rider performance with the professional coaching team and be responsible for the review of the rider’s performance- conducting formal review meetings
- Develop a proactive feedback loop to the leadership of horsescotland, coaching professionals and support team on operational delivery of the programme and how it is helping support riders’ plans.
- Regular attendance at the horsescotland Board to provide updates on performance of the riders and overall programme, highlighting potential opportunities and risks to the programme.
- Ensure the Programme operates within the budget set by the horsescotland Board
- Monitor the quality of the coaching and sport science input to the programme including the appointment of fully qualified and insured coaches.
- Ensure all coaches and staff are working as proactively and efficiently across the programme to the benefit of all riders and the overall programme reputation
- Conduct technical and performance planning meetings with the Education and Development Manager to identify the priority performance support plans that capture the objectives of the Performance Programme
- Role model the professional codes of conduct of coaching and sports science ensuring that this is respected and adhered to in order to keep the rider and horses’ health and welfare at the centre of concern in all aspects of training and competition.
- Develop and implement an induction/exit process for those riders transitioning onto/off the Performance Programmes
- Develop strong relationships with all Member bodies of horsescotland
The ideal individual will have/be able to demonstrate:
• A high level of understanding in the areas of talent development, talent identification and rider development
• Effective communication skills, both verbally and written
• Ensures own behaviours are aligned to horsescotland’s philosophy, values and behaviours
• IT literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Office Applications
• Works well with others as part of a team and encourages collaboration to create a strong team-working environment
• Highly self-motivated and able to work under her / his own direction to achieve stated objectives within the necessary timescales.
• Provides positive leadership traits and able to inspire and influence riders and colleagues.
• Ensures Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to
• Works in a flexible and agile manner to meet the needs of the programme, riders and colleagues
• Ability to proactively develop strong relationships. Able to make first impressions count
How to apply
horsescotland is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
To apply for this post please e-mail your CV to email@example.com together with a covering letter outlining
‘The importance of the performance programme and why I can be the next Performance Manager at horsescotland’.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to develop their career in elite sport.
Payment- Annual Honorarium
Video Analysis and Photo PR Support
- Support the performance coaches by providing Video Analysis assistance during training sessions
- Support the riders by maintaining and uploading videos to riders’ private channels
- Supporting the riders and horsescotland by providing images and video footage suitable for social media and PR purposes
- Provide updates to the Board regarding the Programme relating to video analysis
- Promote the horsescotland programme in a positive light at all times
- Highlight potential opportunities and risks to all aspects of the Programme
- Ensure that horsescotland is making best use of resources and providing value for money services within video analysis services
- At all times act with impartiality, integrity and closely observe confidentiality requirements.
Role is paid £150 per training day attended to include all editing, uploading and sharing of video content at other times.
For an informal discussion or to apply for the roles please submit your CV to Fiona Rawson, horsescotland Education and Development Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 07815962964
Cv’s for the roles should be submitted to email@example.com by 20th September 2019
Interviews will take place on Monday 7th October with the planned training dates for the rest of the year
16th & 17th October
5th & 6th November
At Morris Equestrian Centre, Fenwick, Ayrshire KA3 6AY