The UKCC Level 1 Equestrian Coaching Assistant qualification is a vocational qualification that provides you with the opportunity to learn and be assessed on practical and theoretical aspects of coaching riding to both adults and children. This qualification will:
- Introduce you to the ethics of coaching, the relevant codes of behaviour, the means whereby an accident or emergency is dealt with and the basic rules and technical aspects of equestrianism. These will all underpin the leadership and coaching processes.
- Introduce you to the processes which will allow the safe and effective development of coaching activities in equestrian sport.
- Develop your ability to turning theory into practice through the delivery of pre-prepared coaching activities to participants.
Level 1 Courses
Level 1 Entry Requirements
Level 1 Documents
Watch an example of a UKCC Level 1 Practical Session
On successful completion of the Level 1 Equestrian Coaching Assistant qualification, you will be able to:
- promote the relevant code of practice/conduct for equestrian sport
- promote a healthy and safe environment for participants
- plan coaching activities for riding
- plan efficient use of resources
- undertake pre-activity checks to allow for meaningful and safe activities
- communicate planned activity to participants
- deliver, under supervision, planned activity appropriate to participants’ ability
- evaluate the activity and use evaluation to develop continuous personal practice.