2019 Coach Development Programme
Following the success of last year's programme, SDS/ sportscotland National Coach Development workshops for 2019. Please see details below:
- Inclusive Communication and Feedback
Tuesday 29th January 6pm – 9pm
Tutor: Janice Eaglesham MBE (hosted from Doges office)
- Disability Sport: Getting the Best out of your Performers
Monday 4th March 6pm – 9pm
Tutor: Doug McDonald (hosted from Caledonian House)
With the success of the Video Conferencing workshops in the past, and due to high demand from coaches across the country, sportscotland are again hosting these workshops across three of the sportscotland Video Conferencing sites (see details below);
• Edinburgh: Caledonia House, 1 Redheughs Rigg, South Gyle, Edinburgh EH12 9DQ
• Glasgow: Doges, Templeton on the Green, 62 Templeton Street, Glasgow G40 1DA
• Inverness Ice Centre, Bught Dr, Inverness IV3 5SR
Please note: For fire safety reasons we are no longer able to access the Stirling Institute at evenings or weekend times, therefore not able to use the VC facility which is unfortunate. Central coaches and volunteers will now be able to access these workshops via their nearest site i.e. the Glasgow or Edinburgh offices.
Could all coaches interested in attending these workshop please register your place and chosen venue with Caroline Lyon at firstname.lastname@example.org or register online here.
The closing date for the first workshop is Friday 25th January 2019.
Caroline Lyon | Administrator
Scottish Disability Sport | Caledonia House | South Gyle | Edinburgh | EH12 9DQ
Tel: 0131 317 1130
Monday 7th January 2019
UK Coaching have launched the UK Performance Coaches Association (please see https://www.ukcoaching.org/ukpca for further details) with the aims of:
· help to shape and influence performance coaching in the UK by listening to you and your fellow members
· provide a representative voice for performance coaches and coaching
· support coaches by providing bespoke specialist provision (such as legal, employment, counselling and financial advice), and representation if required
· put coach's needs first by promoting and supporting coach welfare
· work to develop, promote and maintain technical and professional coaching standards
· learn, grow and develop your skills through online high performance-focused continuing professional development
· give you the opportunity to share best practice and network at exclusive events
· host a private online platform where you can connect with other members, pool ideas and solve problems together
· raise the profile of performance coaching, to better recognise and celebrate coaching achievements
· help inspire, support and guide the development of the next generation of performance coaches.
There are two membership offers, full membership and associate members, with different prices and criteria for joining.